【www.dddyb.com - 壹佰教育网】
1. A. B. C.
2. A. B. C.
3. A. B. C.
4. A. B. C.
5. A. B. C.
6. What does the boy want to be?
A. A singer. B. An English teacher.C. An actor.
7. How will the girl do that?
A. Join an English club. B. Practice every day. C. Make more friends.
8. How often does Carl play basketball?
A. Twice a week. B. Once a week. C. Every day.
9. How long does Carl usually play at a time?
A. For two hours. B. Four one hour. C. Four half an hour.
10. When is the man’s party?
A. At 7:45 on Saturday evening.B. At 8:00 on Saturday evening.
C. At 8:00 on Saturday morning.
11. What subject is Lily going to study?
A. Math. B. History. C. Science.
12. Who is coming to visit Lily?
A. Her grandfather. B. Her mother. C. Her grandmother.
13. What sport does Wu Dong like best?
A. Football.B. Basketball.C. Ping-pong.
14. What sports does Wu Dong think most English people like?
A. Tennis and football.B. Table tennis and swimming.
C. Football and baseball.
15. Which team won the game yesterday?
A. The French team. B. The Canadian team. C. The Brazilian team.
16. Where did the writer live twenty years ago?
A. He lived in countryside of America. B. He lived in the northeast of England.
C. He lived in northeast China.
17. Who won a lot of singing competitions?
A. Mr. Green. B. Jenny. C. Mr. Black.
18. What was Mr. Black’s son good at?
A. He was good at swimming. B. He was good at running. C. He was good at crying.
19. What’s the relationship between Mr. Black and Jenny?
A. Father and daughter. B. Husband and wife. C. Teacher and student.
20. Who is Mimi?
A. Mr. Black’s son. B. A lovely girl. C. A lovely cat.
About the square dancing
Introduction◇ It’s 21.__________ among the old people.
◇ They often dance in the open air.
Lin Tao’s idea◇ The square dance 22.__________ his mother more outgoing and healthier.
◇Many people don’t like it because it makes too much 23.__________.
Wang Bao’s idea◇ Square dancing is a good way of 24.__________.
◇ Dancing at the right place helps 25.__________ the problem.
26. As ________ earth moves around ________ sun, we can have different seasons.
A. the; the B. an; the C. an; a D. a; a
27. He is practicing every day, in for the ice-skating championship(锦标赛).
A. programB. resolutionC. predictionD. preparation
28. It’ll take us 26 hours to get to Beijing, so it’s ________ for you to take enough food.
A. enjoyableB. possibleC. necessaryD. normal
29. — How do most people ________ the Dragon Boat Festival?
— By eating delicious zongzi and watching the boat races.
A. celebrateB. organize C. choose D. expect
30. — I did well in my study, so I have a lot of free time. What can I do?
— Why don’t you ________ a hobby like painting or taking photos?
A. grow up B. turn up C. take up D. mix up
31. — Winter holiday is coming, do your family have a plan? — We plan to go ________.
A. exciting somewhereB. to exciting somewhere
C. to somewhere exciting D. somewhere exciting
32. Mr. Li is one of ________ in our school because he is both knowledgeable(知识渊博的)and friendly.
A. the more famous teacherB. the more famous teachers
C. the most famous teachers D. the most famous teacher
33. — Many people play with mobile phones all day instead of reading books.
— That’s too bad. Reading is more enjoyable, everyone ________ be a book lover.
A. should B. could C. would D. might
34. There is a boy with a piece of paper in his hand ________ at the door of the shop.
A. standB. stoodC. standingD. is standing
35. — _________ do you go to the movies?
— About once a month. I’m busy with my studies.
A. How longB. How soonC. How many D. How often
36. — Shiyan is trying to build the civilized city(文明城市).
— Yes, when we cross the street we must wait ________ the traffic lights turn green.
A. untilB. as long as C. as soon asD. if
37. — ________ wonderful speech Emma gave at the UN meeting!
— I agree with you.
A. HowB. What C. What an D. What a
38. — Mum, you are ________ taller than me now.
— Well, you will be as ________ as me soon.
A. more; tallB. much; tallC. much; tallerD. more; taller
39. — I believe there ________ hundreds of travelers on the moon one day.
— Well, it’s hard to say. We won’t be sure unless it really ________.
A. will be; will happenB. will be; happens
C. will have; happens D. will have; will happen
40. — Mr. White, can you come to my birthday party this weekend?
— ________, but I might be a little late.
A. Sorry, I can’tB. It’s hard to say
C. Sure, I’d love toD. I am afraid not
Most parents, I suppose, have had the experience of reading a bedtime story 41 their children. And they must know how difficult it is to write a 42 children’s book. If the meaning of the book is too difficult, children can’t 43 what is in the story, and the story 44 to talk to the writers themselves. The best children’s books are neither(既不)very difficult nor(也不)very 45 , and they can interest the 46 who hears the story and the adult(成人)who reads it. 47 , there are in fact 48 books like this, we can hardly choose a good one. The problem of finding the right bedtime story is not 49 to solve. This may be why many of the books thought to be children’s literature(文学)were in fact written for 50 . Alice in Wonderland is perhaps one of this, adults enjoy it better than children.
Children sometimes show the 51 interest in literature. Just 52 a child in a bookshop or a library and he will be more willing to 53 the books which are full of the stories, pictures and jokes. Of course parents and teachers won’t like that. Maybe parents should stop 54 to brainwash(洗脑)children into accepting our taste in literature. After all, children and adults are so different that we parents should not 55 that they will enjoy the same books.
41. A. to B. in C. with D. around
42. A. short B. long C. bad D. good
43. A. follow B. keep C. remember D. mind
44. A. likes B. enjoysC. seems D. plans
45. A. bored B. simple C. important D. interested
46. A. child B. father C. mother D. teacher
47. A. Luckily B. Unluckily C. Unlucky D. Lucky
48. A. few B. a little C. little D. a few
49. A. easy B. difficult C. enough D. impossible
50. A. children B. writers C. boys D. grown-ups
51. A. worst B. most C. farthest D. educational
52. A. bring B. leaveC. take D. organize
53. A. decide B. choose C. point D. believe
54. A. goingB. liking C. trying D. preferring
55. A. expect B. surprise C. trust D. common
All of us want to be healthy. To keep healthy, more and more people are doing sports. Do you like sports? If yes, which is your favorite sport? Look at the ads, they may help you.
Keep fit! Lose weight!
Opening time: Saturday and Sunday
Have fun skating here!
$ 20/ hour for children
$ 30/ hour for adults
Opening time: 9:00 a.m.~9:00 p.m. every day
Adults: $ 10
Children(aged 15 and under): $ 7
Come to Water World!
Two pools for children
Two large pools for adults
56. What do people in Nancy’s Gym want to do?
A. To enjoy swimming.B. To learn to skate.
C. To keep healthy.D. To eat delicious food.
57. If Mr. Smith goes skating with his little son, they need to pay ________ for two hours’
A. $ 50B. $ 60C. $ 80D. $ 100
58. People can go to Water World at ________.
A. 8:00 a.m.B. 1:30 p.m. C. 9:30 p.m.D. 10:00 p.m.
59. You can call ________ if you want to swim.
A. 215-1892B. 886-8252C. 215-1829D. 455-6223
60. Which of the following is TRUE?
A. There are four large pools in Water World.
B. Ice World is only for adults.
C. People can go to Nancy’s Gym on Sunday.
D. A ten-year-old boy needn’t pay to go swimming.
Our school held many activities last week. We called it Road Safety Week. One of the educational activities was a speech given by a police officer. He shared something about the road safety. Here are some important points about his speech.
Most traffic accidents(事故)shouldn’t happen. They happen because people are careless. A frequent cause(原因)of traffic accidents is speed(速度). Some people drive too fast. This means that if they have to stop suddenly, they cannot stop quickly enough to avoid hitting(避免撞)others. You need to remember this when you are crossing the street or walking along the sidewalk(人行道).
It’s not only drivers who cause accidents, however. People on foot－pedestrians(行人), and bicycle riders often cause accidents, too. Pedestrians sometimes walk out into the street without looking. You should always look on both sides before stepping into the street.
Do any of you ride a bike? Bicycle riders can cause accidents by changing directions suddenly or without warning other road users. Before you turn left, for example, you should check behind you to make sure there aren’t any cars, trucks or buses coming. You should show with your left hand to tell that you want to turn left. You should not turn until the street is clear.
The rules of the road are very simple. If we learn them and obey(遵守)them, we should not have accidents any more. There were more other activities in Road Safety Week, hope every student could learn something.
61. Most traffic accidents shouldn’t happen if ________.
A. people are more careful B. people don’t know the rules
C. people cross the streets quicklyD. people stop their cars suddenly
62. The underlined word “frequent” in the passage means ________ in Chinese.
A. 自由的B. 罕见的C. 频繁的D. 所有的
63. What shouldn’t the riders do when riding bikes on the street?
A. Warning other road users before crossing the street.
B. Making sure there aren’t any cars coming.
C. Showing with your right hand to tell that you want to turn right.
D. Changing directions suddenly or without warning other road users.
64. From the police officer’s speech, we can learn the following except that(除了) ________.
A. riding bikes is the most dangerous
B. it’s not only drivers who cause traffic accidents
C. some people have accidents because they drive too quickly
D. obeying the rules of the road may stop you from having accidents
65. Which of the following is the best title of this passage?
A. Safety FirstB. Road Safety Week
C. How to Keep SafeD. A Discussion about Safety
As young students, you have many dreams. These dreams can be very big, such as winning the Nobel Prize; they can also be small, such as becoming one of the best students in your class.
Once you find a dream, what do you do with it? Do you ever try to realize(实现) your dream?
Andrew Matthews, an Australian writer, tells us that making your dreams come true is life’s biggest challenge(挑战). You may think you’re not very good at some school subjects, or that it’s impossible for you to become a writer. Those kinds of ideas stop you from realizing your dream.
In fact, everyone can realize his dream. The first thing you must do is to remember what your dream is. Don’t let it leave your heart. You need to keep telling yourself what you want every day and then your dream will come true faster. You must also never give up your dream. There will be difficulties on the road to your dreams. But the biggest difficulty comes from yourself. You need to decide what is the most important. Studying instead of watching TV will help you to get better exam results, while saving five yuan instead of buying an ice cream means you can buy a new book.
As you get closer to your dream, it may change a little. This is good as you have the chance to learn something more useful and find new hobbies.
Many students have different dreams. They can be very big or 66. ____________.
What do you do with your dream?Sometimes you may think it’s difficult for you to make your dream come true. These ideas can 67. ________ you from realizing your dream.
How to realize your dream?△The first thing is that you should not 68. ____________ what your dream is. And 69. ___________ telling yourself every day helps make your dream come true faster.
△Never give up your dream. You need to decide what is the most 70. _______________ thing to do.
As we all know, smoking does great harm to human beings. Smoking causes many illnesses. A lot of people always cough(咳嗽)because of smoking. One of the most serious illnesses caused by smoking is lung cancer(肺癌). Many people died because of smoking. According to the newest study, there are other three things as deadly as smoking.
▲Loneliness(孤独). The growth of using Internet and less person to person communication make people feel lonely. Vivek Murthy, has made loneliness a worldwide epidemic(流行病)and it could be deadly. Julianne Holt has found that loneliness reduces(减少)people’s life which equals to(等于)smoke 15 cigarettes a day.
▲Sitting. Sitting all day increases(增加)the risk of different kinds of cancers. Researchers surveyed about four million people. They kept on①______ down their everyday sitting time. Such as how often they sat to watch TV, do work, and so on. According to the data(数据), they find that if you spend a two-hour time sitting②______ moving, the risks of getting ill will be higher. Even though they still exercise during the day, it won’t change the result.
▲Poor diet(饮食). Nowadays many people go on a poor diet to keep thin and fashion. They usually have a little fruit or just a cup of water instead of the meal. Going on a poor diet for a long time is not healthy for us. We can’t live a normal life without a healthy body. The poor diet is becoming one of the important reasons of death just like smoking.
In order to keep healthy, we should get rid of these bad habits.
71. ①__________________ ②___________________
72.It’s unhealthy for us to go on a poor diet for a long time.
74. How many bad habits are mentioned(提到) in the passage?
75. According to the passage, what should we do to keep healthy?
76. Thanks for your _____________. I’ll arrive on time.
77. In my opinion, your resolution will be _______________, if you don’t put your heart into it.
78. You can sit _____________ because the cinema has the biggest seats.
79. The earlier you make a plan, the _______________ you will be next time.
80. Luckily, when I _______________ from the bike, my father was just behind me.
How about ____________________________________ party?
Everyone ____________________________________ protecting the environment.
If he meets a problem, tell him not ____________________________________.
____________________________ stories, Mike told me all about it.
Jerry ___________________________________ his new book to our newspaper last year.
提示：1. 分析现阶段遇到的问题：父母的不理解，学习的压力等等；2. 如何正确面对这些问题，提出自己的看法；3. 坚持梦想，对未来有信心。
要求：1. 语句通顺、语意连贯；2. 用上所有提示内容；3. 80词左右。
1-5 BABBA 6-10 CBCAB 11-15 ACBAB 16-20 BACBC
21. (quite)popular 22. makes 23. noise 24.( doing) exercise 25. (to) solve
26-30 ADBAC31-35 DCACD36-40 ADBBC
41-45 ADACB46-50 ABAAD51-55 ABBCA
56-60 CDBCC61-65 ACDAB
66. small67. stop68. forget69. keeping70. important
71. ① writing ② without
72. Going on a poor diet for a long time is not healthy for us.
75. Do more sports. (answers can be different)
76.invitation 77. meaningless78. comfortably
79. more successful 80. fell down
81. having a surprise82. is playing / plays a part/role in
83. to keep it to himself 84. Don’t make up
85. promised me to send (made a promise to me to send)
How is everything going? I faced a lot of things these days, I really want to share them with you.
Time goes quickly, I will soon finish the first term of Grade 8. One of the biggest differences in Grade 8 is about our study. We are much busier than in Grade 7. Especially we have a new lesson, physics, it’s difficult for me. Another one comes from my parents, they push me too hard. Even though life is full of difficulties, I’ll try my best to face them. Spending more time on physics and communicating more with my parents are good ways to solve my problems.
No matter how hard the life is, we should hold on to our dreams and never give up. What about you? I am looking forward to hearing from you.
1. W: How about going swimming with me this afternoon, Frank?
M: Sorry, Jaycee. I want to watch a movie.
Q: What does Frank want to do?
2. W: Is your sister Nelly good at sports?
M: No, she is talented in music.
Q: What is Nelly good at?
3. W: What’s the weather like today?
M: Rainy, and it is much heavier than yesterday.
Q: What was the weather like yesterday?
4. W: What did you do yesterday, Mark?
M: I did my homework. And I finished it at 10:00 yesterday evening. It took me about 2 hours.
Q: When did Mark start to do homework?
5. W: My dear, are you busy now?
M: Yes, I am making a turkey sandwich.
Q: What is the man doing?
W: What’s your New Year’s resolution?
M: I am going to take more acting lessons. I want to be an actor. What about you?
W: I want to improve my English.
M: Yeah, English is quite important for us. And how will you do that?
W: I will make more English pen pals, and practice it every day.
M: That’s great. I hope you can make it.
M: Is the boy your new friend, Forster?
W: Yes, he is Carl and comes from Japan. He’s good at playing basketball. He’s the best player in my class.
W: Yes, he plays basketball after school every afternoon.
M: Wow, he really loves it.
W: You’re right. He usually plays basketball for two hours at a time. Sometimes he plays it even longer.
M: Can you come to my party, Lily?
W: Sure, I’d love to. When is your party?
M: At eight o’clock on Saturday evening.
W: Saturday evening? Oh, I am terribly sorry. I have to prepare for my math exam.
M: Still study on Saturday evening?
W: Yeah, you know I am not good at math. And I promise my mother I will get a good grade this time.
M: Well, can’t you study on Sunday?
W: Oh, I have to help my mom clean the house on Sunday. My grandmother’s coming to visit us next week.
M: That’s a pity, maybe next time.
W: Of all the sports, which is your favorite, Wu Dong?
M: I like basketball best. Do you like basketball?
W: I don’t have any interest in it. My favorite sport is ping-pong.
M: I think ping-pong is easy. I am good at it.
W: Most Chinese like it. And it is one of the fastest moving games.
M: That’s true. I think most English people like tennis, they like football, too.
W: I think they like football best. It’s the most popular game in the world.
M: Did you watch the football match on TV yesterday?
W: No, which team played?
M: France VS Canada
W: Which team won?
M: The Canadian team. It’s one of the best teams in the world.
I lived in countryside in the northeast of England twenty years ago. It was a wonderful place. There were many interesting people in my hometown. Most of them were talented. For example Mr. Green, one of the oldest persons in town, sang the best. And he also won a lot of singing competitions. His daughter, Jenny, did well in swimming, she swan the fastest in our town. Mr. Black played basketball best, and his wife was a winner of swimming, and you all know who his wife is. Even their six months son, Tom, was best at crying. Oh, don’t forget Mimi, she can climb the trees fastest. What a lovely cat it is!
The square dance or sometimes we called Guang Chang Wu is quite popular among the old people in China. When the night falls, we can see them dancing in the open air. Do you like it or not? Different people have different ideas.
Lin Tao, a Chinese student says: “My mother enjoys square dancing very much. She is becoming more outgoing and healthier after dancing every evening. I really think it’s helpful and meaningful. But many people don’t like square dance because it makes too much noise and it’s not good for other people’s life.” Wang Bao, another student says “It’s a good way of doing exercise. And they are having a good time while they’re doing it. I hope they can go on with it. About the noise problem, we can solve it by dancing in right places at the right time.”